Friday, December 26, 2008

12-26-08

I have decided to blog about my weight loss journey. I came to this decision for several reasons. One, I wanted to keep a log of what I eat and how I exercise. Two, I wanted accountability. Figured this would help keep me on track. And if it helps someone else along the way, too, that's wonderful.

I have set a goal of losing 60 pounds by December 26, 2009. That would come to 5 pounds a month. Sounds like a reasonable goal. Easy, even, for some people. Except I have not been able to do this before. So to me it's big deal. I didn't want to make in a New Year's resolution, because those never last. So I started early on my journey. I have decided that my mantra will be Do Something More. I will start slow. Very slow. And just each day I will do something more. Maybe in the past I have set myself for failure by doing too much too soon, and I can't keep it up. Perhaps by slowing adding positive changes, I can create a healthier lifestyle.

So....Day 1.
I started wearing a pedometer a few days ago. I noticed over the last 2 days that averaged less than 5000 steps a day. So today my small goal is to do more than that, just 5000 steps. And I took a break from cleaning the Christmas mess to do 10 minutes of Gilad's Bodies in Motion. Small steps.
Tomorrow my goal will be to do more than 10 minutes of exercise and more than 5000 steps.

I still haven't figured out my diet plan, other than to take in fewer calories. Today wasn't great, calorie wise, but no mindless binge eating. So that's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment