Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Day 18/19

Wow! On day 19 already! And I hate to say this, but I'm beginning to enjoy working out! I am getting some aches in my shins. Once I hit 35 minutes a day, I will take 2 days off a week to let my muscles rest. I did a 30 minute workout today, a DVD called Gym in a Box. Yesterday's workout was Ramp it Up from the Slim in 6 series. Yesterday I did not meet my 10,000 step goal (not quite 8000), but today I did. I had almost 10,000 before I left work today! It was a busy day.
I watched the Biggest Loser Sunday night. The new season started last Tuesday, but I have DirecTV and have to wait until the weekend to catch it on FLN. It is such an inspiring show. And I have to be honest...I took a little pleasure in the fact that I weighed less than all the participants. That's awful to say, I know. But every other year, there were always a couple contestants who started out smaller than me. Of course, this is the "biggest" year, as they kept pointing out. Ouch! Our nation is definitely getting bigger!
Since I am getting used to getting up in the morning, my next task will be to get serious about my diet. I write down what I eat, but not portions. That's what gets me. And days like today, I eat little at work, then way too much for dinner. Not terribly unhealthy, just too much of it.
Breakfast: Oatmeal, yogurt, coffee w/ milk and sweetener
Lunch:Small green salad, apple...later a chocolate covered pretzel...it was a tough day!
Dinner: I made a "healthy" hash brown casserole for dinner, w/ some lean pork chops w/ shake n bake on them. But I was so hungry while waiting for it to cook, I ate about 4 spoonfuls of potato salad! Plus I went back for seconds! Yikes!

Goals for tomorrow:
31 minutes of exercise
10,000 steps
Eat a bigger lunch (this won't be a problem, as I'm going to a luncheon tomorrow. However, the choices may not be too healthy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment